Hello and welcome to the Mulberry Bush.
I’m Helen. I’m a British housewife and mother-of-two living in Canada.
Unlike many mum bloggers, I have no particular talent. I like cooking but I don’t always do so successfully and recipe development is definitely beyond me. I enjoy sewing, knitting and crocheting and general crafting, but my creations are definitely on the rustic side. And I’m certainly not in any position to start offering helpful pointers on how to raise little monsters.
I decided to start this blog so that I remember the funny, difficult, wonderful, exasperating experience of having small children; so that I can remember the recipes that actually work; and so that I can share my wonderful creations with the world! And also so that being a stay at home mum of a baby and very strong-willed toddler thousands of kilometres away from my family doesn’t drive me completely insane.
Five fun facts about me (and a bonus one):
- I gave birth to both of my children at home with no pain relief. I’m not really sure why, but I’m glad I did (and was lucky enough to be able to).
- I am fluent in French.
- I travelled for three months around Asia and Oceania while pregnant with my first child. (Chronicled here, if you’re interested: twopointfivedrifters.blogspot.com)
- I was vegetarian for a year but one day the yearning for a roast chicken sandwich grew too strong and I’ve never looked back.
- I love porridge. I have porridge every day for breakfast. If I think that maybe I should change things up a bit and have something different, I end up just wishing I’d had porridge.
- I am addicted to The Archers.
Thanks for popping by!